ARLC’s decision stands as Lui will not play again in 2012

Robert Lui

We all know exactly what happened with Robert Lui, the incidents that saw him admit to assaulting his girlfriend Taleah Backo during last year’s Mad Monday celebrations – but despite a plea by the Cowboys to allow him to play again this year, the ARLC have vehemently denied that request.

It was back in April, that Lui was placed on a 2-year good behaviour bond, and fined $2000 by a Sydney court – despite recent psychological evaluations and community work from the former Tigers half, suggesting that he was fit to make a return to rugby league.

Despite that however, with a leading psychologist in Lui’s corner, it was not enough for Lui to return – with both the Cowboys club and Lui himself, disappointed.

“We are really disappointed, that is all I want to say at the moment,” Cowboys chief executive Peter Jourdain said.

Before he made his way to Sydney to hear what the ARLC had to say, Lui said: “I really want to apologise for what I have done. . . and I want to say sorry to everyone.’’

“I know people will probably think the worst of me, but there is a much better side to me.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *