The shire derby. Wollongong v Cronulla. St George Illawarra Dragons v Cronulla Sharks.
Always interesting, close affairs, the two sides have formed a strong rivalry and that continues tonight.
With the Dragons flying high and the Sharks mid-table, what can we expect to see?
Here is the NRL News Stats Breakdown for the clash:
St George Illawarra Dragons v Cronulla Sharks
The Cronulla Sharks need just four more points to score 700 pts against the St George Illawarra Dragons.
The Dragons have won three of the last four clashes between the two sides.
The two sides have only played in Wollongong six times previously with the Dragons winning five of those games.
The first game between the two sides was played in round eight of the 1999 season with the Sharks winning 18-16.
The Dragons and Sharks have played against each other 42 times, with the Dragons winning 21 games, the Sharks winning 19 games and 2 draws.
The Cronulla Sharks biggest win over the St George Illawarra Dragons was a 40-4 thumping in round 24, 2007, on Monday April 9.
The St George Illawarra Dragons biggest win over the Cronulla Sharks was a comfortable 38-0 victory on Saturday, May, 2010 (round eight).
Most prolific point-scorer in this clash
- Gareth Widdop (SGI) – 1 try & 28 goals (60 pts)
- Mark Riddell (SGI) – 5 tries & 17 goals (56 pts)
- Jamie Soward (SGI) – 2 tries, 23 goals & 1 field goal (55 pts)
- Luke Covell (CRO) – 2 tries & 23 goals (54 pts)
- Brett Morris (SGI) – 12 tries (48 pts)
- Brett Kimmorley (CRO) – 2 tries, 18 goals & 1 field goal (45 pts)
- Colin Best (CRO) – 9 tries (36 pts)
- Mat Rogers (CRO) – 1 try & 15 goals (34 pts)
- Wayne Bartrim (SGI) – 17 goals (34 pts)
- Nathan Blacklock (SGI) – 8 tries & 1 goal (34 pts)
- Ben Hornby (SGI) – 8 tries & 1 goal (34 pts)
- David Peachey (CRO) – 7 tries (28 pts)
- Matt Cooper (SGI) – 7 tries (28 pts)
- Jason Nightingale (SGI) – 7 tries (28 pts)