A Saturday tripleheader and so here is the second of the three stats breakdowns.
This time, we cast our eye over the history between the North Queensland Cowboys and the Canterbury Bulldogs.
The one main factor between the two sides? Johnathan Thurston, a man who has won a premiership with both teams.
Is the top point-scorer, though? We shall soon see and so here we go, the stats:
North Queensland Cowboys v Canterbury Bulldogs
The Cowboys and the Bulldogs have played 37 games with the 15 wins for the Cowboys, 21 wins for the Bulldogs and one draw.
The Cowboys will be looking for six straight wins against the Bulldogs.
The last time the Bulldogs won a game against the Cowboys was back in 2013.
Although they have won the last two games in Townsville, the Cowboys have won just a total of five games in Townsville from eighteen against the Bulldogs.
The first clash between the two sides was a 32-16 win for the Canterbury Bulldogs (then known as the Sydney Bulldogs), in the opening round of the 1995 ARL Premiership season. Interestingly, in this game, Adrian Vowles and Jason Smith were sent off for their respective sides.
The Canterbury Bulldogs biggest win over the North Queensland Cowboys was a 66-4 demolition on Sunday, August, 1996, in round 22 of the ARL premiership.
The North Queensland Cowboys biggest win over the Canterbury Bulldogs was a comfortable 48-12 victory on Friday, May 27, 2005, in round 12 of the NRL premiership.
Most points scored by players in this clash
- Hazem El-Masri (CBY) – 10 tries & 76 goals (188 pts)
- Johnathan Thurston (CBY/NQL) – 8 tries, 47 goals & 1 field goal (125 pts)
- Daryl Halligan (CBY) – 1 try & 33 goals (70 pts)
- Josh Hannay (NQL) – 3 tries & 22 goals (56 pts)
- Paul Bowman (NQL) – 9 tries (36 pts)
- Rod Silva (CBY) – 8 tries (32 pts)
- Ty Williams (NQL) – 8 tries (32 pts)
- Matthew Bowen (NQL) – 7 tries & 2 goals (32 pts)
- Luke Patten (CBY) – 7 tries (28 pts)
- Julian O’Neill (NQL) – 12 goals (24 pts)
- Matt Sing (NQL) – 6 tries (24 pts)
- Ben Barba (CBY) – 6 tries (24 pts)
- Sonny Bill Williams (CBY) – 6 tries (24 pts)
- Ethan Lowe (NQL) – 3 tries & 6 goals (24 pts)
- Willie Tonga (CBY/NQL) – 5 tries (20 pts)
- Trent Hodkinson (CBY) – 1 try & 10 goals (20 pts)
Disclaimer: The above names are solely the top 15/16 most prolific point-scorers in clashes between these two sides.
If there are any additional stats or material not listed or mentioned here that involves these two teams that you would like to know, ask us and we shall find the information and add it in!