History favours the Melbourne Storm in clashes against the Gold Coast Titans.
Though is history everything? The Titans won the last clash between the two sides; can they do it again?
Melbourne Storm v Gold Coast Titans Stats Breakdown
The Melbourne Storm and the Gold Coast Titans have played each other just 19 times; the Storm have won 11 games, the Titans have won 6 games and there have been two draws.
The Storm need 21 points to reach 500 total points against the Titans. Doing so means that they will have scored at least 500 points against every current NRL team.
The Titans need 28 points to score 300 total points against the Storm.
The Storm have won four of the last five games between the two sides, although the Titans did win the only clash between them in 2017.
The first match played between the two sides was a comfortable 50-6 win for the Storm in round 25, 2007.
The Gold Coast Titans have won just six of the nineteen games played between the two sides (a winning percentage of just 31.5%).
The Melbourne Storm’s biggest win over the Gold Coast Titans came in the first game between the two sides; a 50-6 win in round 25, 2007.
The Gold Coast Titans biggest win over the Melbourne was an 18-0 win in round 13, 2008.
Players sin-binned/sent-off in this clash
- Jordan McLean (MEL) (sin-binned) in round 2, 2016.
- Kenny Bromwich (MEL) (sin-binned) in round 9, 2016.
Players to have scored three or more tries in one game in this clash
- Anthony Quinn (MEL) scored three tries in round 5, 2010.
- Cooper Cronk (MEL) scored three tries in round 23, 2011.
- Cameron Munster (MEL) scored three tries in round 22, 2015.
Players to have played for both sides in this clash
- Jake Webster (MEL: 2003-2006 & GLD: 2007)
- Nathan Friend (MEL: 2003-2006 & GLD: 2007-2011, 2016)
- Ian Donnelly (MEL: 2005-2007 & GLD: 2007)
- Sam Tagataese (MEL: 2007-2008 & GLD: 2009-2011)
- Joseph Tomane (MEL: 2008-2009 & GLD: 2010-2011)
- Chris Walker (MEL: 2006 & GLD: 2007, 2009)
- Matt White (GLD: 2009-2015 & MEL: 2016)
- Kevin Proctor (MEL: 2008-2016 & GLD: 2017-2018)
- Maurice Blair (MEL: 2011-2013 & GLD: 2014)
- Nate Myles (GLD: 2012-2015 & MEL: 2017)
Head coaching records
Craig Bellamy (MEL) – 11/17 at 64.7%.
John Cartwright (GLD) – 5/13 at 38.5%.
Neil Henry (GLD) – 1/4 at 25%.
Most prolific point-scorers in this clash
- Cameron Smith (MEL) – 1 try & 50 goals (104 pts)
- Billy Slater (MEL) – 11 tries (44 pts)
- Cooper Cronk (MEL) – 10 tries & 1 field goal (41 pts)
- Anthony Quinn (MEL) – 8 tries (32 pts)
- Will Chambers (MEL) – 8 tries (32 pts)
- Aidan Sezer (GLD) – 11 goals (22 pts)
- Kevin Gordon (GLD) – 4 tries & 2 goals (20 pts)
- Matthew Duffie (MEL) – 4 tries (16 pts)
- Cameron Munster (MEL) – 4 tries (16 pts)
- Israel Folau (MEL) – 3 tries & 1 goal (14 pts)
- Greg Bird (GLD) – 1 try & 5 goals (14 pts)
- Sika Manu (MEL) – 3 tries (12 pts)
- Ryan Hoffman (MEL) – 3 tries (12 pts)
- Steve Michaels (GLD) – 3 tries (12 pts)
- Sisa Waqa (MEL) – 3 tries (12 pts)
- David Mead (GLD) – 3 tries (12 pts)
Disclaimer: Yet again, the above players are simply the most prolific point-scorers in this clash.
The stats are there for your perusal, the fans; if there are errors or issues, or you just want to see more stats, let us know!