The last of the tripleheader, this one pits the Canberra Raiders against the Parramatta Eels.
Many games have been close but there have been huge blowouts; just what can we expect today?
Clinton Schifcofske knows both teams well having enjoyed stints in Sydney’s West and the nation’s capital.
But just how do the two teams fare against each other overall?
Sit back, enjoy and absorb the stats:
Canberra Raiders v Parramatta Eels
The two sides have played 57 games in their history, with the Canberra Raiders winning 29 games, the Parramatta Eels winning 27 games and one draw.
The Raiders have won three games on the trot against the Eels.
The Eels have won just four games in Canberra in twenty games.
The Parramatta Eels biggest win against the Canberra Raiders was a 54-3 thumping on Sunday April, 11, 1982 at Belmore in round seven of the 1982 NSWRFL season.
The Canberra Raiders biggest win against the Parramatta Eels was a 68-0 annihilation on Sunday, August 22, 1993, at Bruce Stadium in round 21 of the 1993 NSWRFL season.
Most prolific point-scorer in these clashes
- Jarrod Croker (CAN) – 7 tries & 35 goals (98 pts)
- David Furner (CAN) – 4 tries & 31 goals (78 pts)
- Michael Cronin (PAR) – 3 tries & 33 goals (75 pts)*
- Luke Burt (PAR) – 5 tries & 21 goals (62 pts)
- Steve Ella (CAN) – 4 tries & 14 goals (42 pts)*
- Ron Giteau (CAN) – 2 tries & 14 goals (36 pts)
- Jarryd Hayne (CAN) – 8 tries (32 pts)
- Mal Meninga (CAN) – 4 tries, 7 goals & 1 field goal (31 pts)
- Laurie Daley (CAN) – 5 tries & 4 goals (28 pts)
- Neil Hunt (PAR) – 5 tries & 4 goals (27 pts)*
- Eric Grothe (PAR) – 8 tries (26 pts)*
- Chris Lawler (PAR) – 1 try & 11 goals (26 pts)
- Peter Sterling (PAR) – 6 tries, 1 goal & 2 field goals (25 pts)*
- Brett Mullins (CAN) – 6 tries (24 pts)
- Brett Hodgson (PAR) – 1 try & 8 goals (20 pts)
- Gary Belcher (CAN) – 4 tries & 2 goals (20 pts)
- Matthew Wood (CAN) – 2 tries & 6 goals (20 pts)
Disclaimer: The 17 players mentioned above are simply the most prolific point-scorers across all fixtures between the two sides.
Also, any player with an asterisk at the end of their total points played during an era when tries were three points and/or field goals were two points.
As always, if there is any stat here that you do not see but want to know, let us know and we can discover those stats for you and share them with the world.