Reportedly needing to offload players, Moses Mbye is the first Canterbury Bulldogs casualty, signing a 4-year deal at the Wests Tigers.
With 92 NRL games to his name, Mbye made his Bulldogs debut back in 2014.
His efforts at the club and for the rest of the year, will not go unnoticed.
“Today, I would like to confirm that Moses Mbye has sought a release from his current contract which the club has granted,” said Canterbury Bulldogs CEO, Andrew Hill.
“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Moses for his time with the Bulldogs and his contribution to the club on and off the field.
Even though he will be taking up an offer to join the Wests Tigers for season 2019, I know that he is committed to putting all his energies into the Bulldogs for the rest of this season and finishing strongly with the club.
Initially starting his career as a half, it was a shift to fullback that has left many impressed with the form of Mbye.
Although Tigers coach Ivan Cleary has numerous fullback options, he has been unable to settle on one so far in 2018.
“Moses is a talented young man and we look forward to having him join Wests Tigers next season,” said Cleary.
“He’s developed into an exciting player and I know he’ll bring a lot to our club, both on and off the field.”
With the deal initially on for 2019, Moses Mbye will in fact move to the Tigers at the end of this round.
He will play in his final game in Bulldogs colours at Belmore Showground this weekend.
With 94 games after this weekend’s to his name at the Bulldogs, Mbye drew praise from CEO Andrew Hill.
“I’d like to firstly congratulate Moses on his career with the Bulldogs and wish him all the best for the next stage of his career,” Hill said.
“Seeing players leave is always difficult, but both parties thought that the timing was right to make the decision now so that we are able to give Moses the chance to say goodbye to the fans at Belmore on Saturday.”