The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles hosted the Melbourne Storm in front of an empty Suncorp Stadium to main event Super Saturday.

The Storm entered 1st on the ladder, boasting a 17-2 record, having won 16 on the trot.

Meanwhile, Manly entered sitting 6th on the table with a 12-7 record with a chance to enter the top 4 with a victory.

The Storm would be the first to crack the scoreboard. On the goal line, they would spread left and Kenny Bromwich got on the outside of Morgan Harper.

Bromwich dived and slid into the in-goal to open the scoring for Melbourne.

Nicho Hynes hooked the conversion attempt as the lead remained 4-0.

A few minutes later, the Sea Eagles were penalised for a crusher tackle.

Hynes stepped up and added the penalty goal to make the lead 6-0.

Half an hour in and down by 6, the Sea Eagles attempted a short dropout which did not travel the ten metres.

Hynes kicked the penalty goal from right in front to make the lead 8-0.

Five minutes later, the Storm had the ball on the goal line again.

Nicho Hynes attempted to fire a cutout ball to Josh Addo-Carr but Jason Saab picked it out of the air and ran 90 metres to score under the posts.

Reuben Garrick added the two to lower the deficit to 8-6.

On the final play of the half, the Storm would be penalised.

Reuben Garrick added the penalty goal to level the scores at 8-all at halftime.

Early in the second half, Manly would take the lead for the first time.

On the goal line, they spread it left and Tommy Turbo threw the last pass for Garrick to step inside Hynes to score.

He converted his own try to make the lead 14-8.

On the ensuing kickoff, Josh Aloiai dropped the ball allowing Storm back into field position.

A metre out, Harry Grant looked out before going to the short side and giving the short ball for Justin Olam to hit a hole and score.

Ryan Papenhuyzen kicked the goal from right in front to level it at 14-all.

FIve minutes later, the Storm would take the lead again.

Cameron Munster put up a bomb which Trbojevic dropped backwards.

Olam pounced on the ball to get his double.

Papenhuyzen kicked another easy goal to make the lead 20-14.

However, only a few minutes later, the Sea Eagles would hit back.

Inside the Storm’s red zone, Manly spread it left. Trbojevic got on the outside of Dean Ieremia before drawing and passing to Garrick.

Garrick dived over and managed to get the ball down in the corner for his double.

Garrick hooked the conversion as the deficit remained 20-18.

With 10 minutes left, Jahrome Hughes dummied and busted through the line.

He grubbered it downfield and Garrick made a meal of it, followed by Cameron Munster diving on it to score.

Papenhuyzen slotted the conversion to make the lead 26-18.

A few minutes later, Manly gave away a penalty and Papenhuyzen kicked the penalty goal to make the lead 28-18. This score held until full time.

NRL News Player of the Game

3. Cameron Munster

2. Tom Trbojevic

1. Justin Olam

Manly Sea Eagles fullback Tom Trbojevic

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.