Penrith vs Manly @ CUA Stadium
– Manly the competition leaders, up against the 2007 NRL strugglers Penrith. While at CUA, and hopefully the Panthers get a decent crowd impossible to go against the might and should I say impressive brick wall defence of Manly.
St George Illawarra vs Brisbane Broncos @ OKI Jubilee
– Broncos should win this away game comfortably. The Saints are struggling to field a full team let alone a first grade side. Broncos will enjoy getting further into top gear after last weeks demolishion of the Knights.
Sydney Roosters vs Knights @ BlueTounge
– Most have tipped the Roosters here after the Knights were flogged last weekend. However one trend in the NRL rings true. When a side is severly walloped you can generally expect a massive performance the following week. The Knights have an understrength team, but I believe Brian Smith will have things inch perfect for this match. Knights in a slug fest.
Cowboys vs Sharks @ Dairy Farmers Stadium
– Cowboys should continue their return to form here, and will revel in their home conditions. Sharks while strong have failed in attack and the tidal wave of raids from the Cowboys will kill them off early. Cowboys.
Melbourne Storm vs South Sydney @ Olympic Park
– Impossible to tip against the Storm, they have a near full strength lineup except for Billy Slater. They have stunning depth and will inflict more pain on struggling South Sydney.
Titans vs Radiers @ Carrara
– Should be a tough contest this one, very hard to pick. The Raiders away form isn’t good enough to tip them in a tight one. Expect to see more improvement from the Titans with a good lineup this week and Josh Lewis settling in with every day. Titans.
NZ Warriors vs Bulldogs @ Mt Smart
– Both teams struggling at present. The Warriors were woeful against the Eels, although Manu Vatuvei did gift the Eels plenty of points. Flip a coin! Will we see the Dogs of War or Once were Warriors? I think the Dogs. Just.
Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels @ Telstra
– Game of the round here, a local derby with both sides showing good form. The Tigers deserve to be favourites but I feel the fact that this is a night game and the crowd being a 50/50 mix brings the Eels into the equation. The Eels love a wet, squishy field and this is right up their alley. Expect 20,000+ pundits at this game, and the Eels to win in a tight one.